This Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting is the most delicious healthy cream cheese frosting we’ve ever had! It’s lightened up, but still equally delicious.
Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting
This healthy cream cheese frosting is a lightened up with a bit of Greek yogurt and natural sugar. Use this delicious cream cheese frosting on all of your favorite desserts like pumpkin cake, apple cake, and other easy dessert recipes.
why you’ll love this recipe
- You only need 4 ingredients to make this cream cheese frosting
- It’s a great frosting recipe to use for any dessert.
- This recipe is a healthier option when looking for a classic cream cheese frosting recipe.
All you need are 4 simple ingredients to make the most delicious frosting out there.
- Cream cheese: feel free to use nonfat for full-fat. Both work.
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt: for this recipe, we used nonfat Greek yogurt, but if you’re a full-fat kind of person feel free to use that!
- Maple syrup – maple syrup is our favorite all-natural sweetener, especially for this recipe because it’s warm and sweet!
- Vanilla extract – every dessert recipe deserves a splash of vanilla.
Want flavored frosting? Try using flavored cream cheese such as strawberry or raspberry. Or, you can also try adding a little jam to your frosting, too.
How to Make Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting
Our healthy cream cheese frosting recipe only takes 10 minutes to put together. Here’s how to do it:
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Then, use your hand mixer to whip all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Use immediately on your favorite cakes and bread.
Want some quick tips on how to soften cream cheese? Check out this post from our sister site, The Cheese Knees.
Want to turn your frosting into a glaze?
Looking to turn your healthy cream cheese frosting into more of a drippy glaze? Simply add a little bit more maple syrup OR almond milk/milk in order to thin it out to reach your desired consistency.
What to Use Your Frosting On
From cupcakes to muffins, to loaves, use this healthy cream cheese frosting on anything and everything! Here are some of our fav baked goods to try it on:
This is such a great base recipe for cream cheese frosting. Here are some ideas to really take it up a notch!
- mini chocolate chips
- peanut butter/nut butter
- orange zest
Store leftover Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To use after refrigeration: bring frosting to room temperature. Then, add a little bit of milk and use your hand mixer to whip it until smooth.
Can you freeze cream cheese frosting?
We don’t recommend freezing cream cheese frosting because it is made from dairy. Often times when dairy thaws, it curdles and/or thaws with a weird texture.
Tips & Notes
Storage: Store leftover cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To use after refrigeration, let frosting come to room temperature and then add a splash of milk. Use your hand mixer to whip until smooth.
Calories: 55kcal Carbohydrates: 6g Protein: 2g Fat: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g